Friday, April 3, 2009

Poetry

Currently my English class is studying poetry.  I heard about this poem from a workshop I attended and felt like sharing it with everybody.  Feel free to leave comments.

"Booger Love" by Brod Bagert (taken from his book Giant Children)


I love this little booger,
All shiny, green, and black.
You can hold it for a minute,
But I want my booger back.

It stays right where I put it,
It sure knows how to stick.
And if it gets too dry...?
It just needs a little lick.

I can hold it on my finger,
I can flick it in the air,
I can stick it underneath a desk,
Or underneath a chair.

I can make a ball and roll it
Just to see which way it goes.
I love this booger anywhere...
Except inside my nose.

Here is a great poetry website:  http://ettcweb.lr.k12.nj.us/forms/newpoem.htm

1 comment: