Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Days

Woo hoo! Snow day! I just woke up and feel very refreshed. I also took my dog (seen on the blog) out for a nice long walk. Normally, I would be at work right now, but school was canceled due to inclement weather.

I love the snow. It is so beautiful to watch it fall and it always creates an awesome white landscape. I also think it's really cool how sometimes the snow on the trees along streets can create what appears to be white tunnels.

Sometimes I wonder who likes snow days more- the students or the teachers. I remember growing up and my parents popping their heads in my door to say, "You have a snow day." Wow, what a feeling knowing I was going to get to play outside all day in the snow. Now, as a teacher, I love hearing my phone ring in the morning with the message, "Schools are closed today." Wow, what a feeling knowing I am going to get to play outside all day in the snow (with my dog). Some feelings never change; most adults don't appreciate snow days unless they work for a school district and it is because I do that I LOVE SNOW DAYS!

19 comments:

  1. hi mr.j it's kristina I love your blogs their great

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love SNOW DAYS THEY ROCK SO MUCH i just can't belive how much snow I have on my drive way. But anyways whoo hoo!one more thing NO SCHOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mr.j can I ask you a question can't you try to even send your own comments so you could talk to the students and me

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya Mr.J send a comment send a comment send a comment send a comment send a comment send a comment send a comment ok ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i love snow days not becouse no school but more thomas time

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay thomas thank you for giving the advice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will prove to you that I can pass quickly at school

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why aren't more people checking mr.j's comments out????????? its just not right

    ReplyDelete
  9. waz up Mr.J how you doin today fine i thought so buy who ever wnts to have a nerf tournament in the summer tell me and i will tell you when

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the snow but i dont like ice ice is slippery. because i slip on ice a lot and it hurts and bruses i sliped on hockey ice yesterday and heart the back of my head . Ouch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Mr. J its SA from Mrs.P. I like snow days but now they are taking time away from summer break :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yo wat up!? Dis is ST From Mrs.P class. I do not own a Pheasent

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Me.J how are you? i dont like when we have snow days because if we get more than 4 we'll get more days in June.

    ReplyDelete
  14. how do you put a picture in the profile john R I don't know how to and I really want to know how to and I any ways I like your satr wars dude because I is so cute and fuzzy I mean cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love snow days who doesn't. They are the best day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never knew u liked snow days!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i LOVE snow days. they are sooooooooo awesome. you can sleep in, hang out with your friends, and lots of other stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete